THIS EVENT WILL BE VIRTUAL.
Event Type: Group Event
- Things are a bit weird at the minute, aren't they?
- Perhaps you're considering how you can stay in touch with your followers, tribe, customers, stakeholders or beneficiaries.
- Maybe you're looking to add value to your current services, brand or campaign?
In this taster session you will learn all the basics of what it takes to make a podcast - including how you can make one whilst keeping a social distance!
In this session you'll:
- Find out about what kit you need (this includes recording remotely)
- Discover how the professionals edit their podcasts
- Learn how to distribute it and get your podcast on all the big platforms like spotify & apple podcasts
- Get lots of ideas for your own podcasts
They'll also be the opportunity to ask Vic your questions too.
All delivered in a simple to understand, jargon-free way by Vic Elizabeth Turnbull, founder of podcast production and training company MIC Media.
Vic is the founder of podcast production company MIC Media. Uniquely set up as a social enterprise, MIC makes podcasts for good eggs and trains people how to produce their own.
MIC's recently worked with Manchester City Council and the Pankhurst Trust on the ‘Strong Manchester Women’ podcast, the Children’s University, Stockport Council, University of Salford, Co-op and The People’s Powerhouse. Vic also has her own podcast called Tourist, it's a travel podcast with comedians as tour guides.
MIC also runs meetups for their DIY podcaster community. Started in a room above a boozer in late 2018, MIC's Podcast Club is now held in Salford and Manchester and has over 300 members.
Vic is also the co-founder and Director of Pods Up North, a conference for podcasters - a first for the north of England. Their debut event in 2019 was a huge success; sponsored by Spotify, it attracted 150 delegates and top-notch speakers from across Podcast Land, including BBC Sounds, Audioboom, Two Shot Pod, and a Gay and A Non-Gay Podcast.
Included on the prestigious Northern Power Women Future List, Vic’s worked across the creative industries and with national, award-winning youth charities including Uprising Leadership and NOISEfestival.com She’s also the Director of the independent music website, Silent Radio and is a regular panelist, her recent appearances include Off the Record festival, Liverpool Sound City and Northern Power Futures.
MicMedia.co.uk @MICmediauk @SilentVic
This event is worth 10 points in the PRCA CPD Programme.