A great onboarding process is critical to a company’s long-term health and its ability to grow and flourish, as well as to the success of the individuals hired. With the growth of virtual ways of working, however, many onboarding approaches are no longer fit-for-purpose and could be greatly enhanced. This course will give line managers, HR managers and company leaders the tools and processes to effectively and efficiently virtually onboard their new hires - ensuring they remain excited, committed and begin quickly contributing to the organisation.
Event Type: Classroom
Address: Virtual Classroom, Virtual Classroom
Places available: 10
Places remaining: 5
Trainer: Matt Richards MPRCA
How will attendees benefit
Attendees will walk away with:
- Real knowledge of what a great virtual onboarding process looks like.
- A deep understanding of new methodologies, structures and approaches to integrate into their current onboarding process to enhance it; as well as hints and tips on best practice.
- An overview and practical guidance to enable delegates to create a new virtual onboarding process from scratch for their organisation if required.
What will attendees learn
- An overview of onboarding, the key principles and best practice based on learnings from some of the world’s leading organisations.
- How to design new employees’ first week, first month and first 100 days.
- How to set motivating goals (based on the latest management science on goal-setting and intrinsic and extrinsic motivation).
- The best ways of sharing the company’s culture, values and identity – and gaining and maintaining new employees’ passion and commitment.
- The psychology behind group dynamics and becoming part of a high-performing team.
- The role of the buddy system and how it can be used in virtual onboarding.
- How to keep new employees engaged and contributing in a virtual environment – further guidelines and tips.
- The use of technology to simplify and manage virtual onboarding.
What materials will attendees receive
Attendees will receive a toolkit of virtual onboarding processes and templates to assist them either virtually onboard new employees within their current processes, or if required, to support redesigning their current onboarding process.