After a lifetime working as a professional writer and journalist, it is particularly satisfying for me to support other writers as they unlock their creativity, dare to dream and perhaps carve a niche for themselves in the world of words.
So whatever your current challenge, whether you're struggling with writers' block, trying to find your focus, or simply—let's be honest—procrastinating, I am committed to helping you move forward.
Two decades of running workshops has given me a lot of understanding of how we can build our creativity and confidence. I work with the conscious and the unconscious mind, enabling clients to abandon self-doubt and to access a wealth of creative possibilities.
Coaching can empower writers to:
- Gain clarity on what you want to write and decide on your long and short term objectives
- Work out a plan of action and manage your own progress so you move forward at your own pace
- Abandon the procrastination of the past and be accountable to your coach who is committed to seeing you succeed
- Find inspiration to get started - and to keep going thanks to regular check-ins
- Get back on track with a writing project that's somehow lost momentum
- Escape the loneliness of the long distance writer by having your very own cheer-leader
- Feel more empowered as your plan unfolds and you can tick off your progress as the weeks go by
- Improve your style by getting regular feedback on your work from a professional writer,
Judi's Writing Background
As a freelance features journalist for over 30 years, I wrote regularly for The Daily Telegraph and Radio Times as well as many regional newspapers and national magazines. For five years I did broadcast interviews and features for BBC Radio 4 and Woman's Hour and spent four years as Commissioning Editor for Ideal Home magazine.
I now work as a qualified life coach, writing coach and trainer and I mentor writers on all aspects of the craft including non-fiction, memoirs, journalism, web content and blogs. I can also help with personal statements for college or university, CVs and writing for business and professional purposes.